Thursday, September 17, 2009

American Icon Project



Inspiration

Corey Murillo

It was two years ago when it was my grandparent’s fiftieth wedding anniversary, and all my cousins and family members came as we celebrated the event. When they showed a slide show of their life story and it really struck me of how special and thankful I am to have grandparents like them. They care for me and my family all the time. I ask my dad about the history of my grandparents and their life story. When he told me a brief overview of their life story I was shocked because of what they went through in their lives.

My grandparents grew up in two different places in the country of Mexico. My grandma lived in Mazatlan and my grandpa lived in Leon. My grandparents met and moved to Mexicali, Mexico just miles away from the border. When they were young my grandma smoked and drank a little but my grandpa just drank on a normal basis. In the year 1959 that’s when their lives changed and 50 years later so did mine. They found the Lord Jesus Christ and immigrated from Mexicali, Mexico to Lincoln Heights in Los Angeles with 3 kids. Then their lives’ went from bad to good and changed a lot of peoples live, like mine.

After they found the Lord they went to go spread it with other churches around the United States and around the world. And they took all five of their kids and sung songs in Spanish that they made which are stories in the bible. My grandparents were the 2004 it was my family with my grandparents. It was the first time we actually got to go to church and share the bible with them. When they sang I really took it in and their music inspired me. In total there are three generations in the Murillo family. My grandparents were the first, the second was all their kids, and the third was with my sisters, my brother, and my mom and dad. When we went on vacation we did what my grandparents did which shared the word of God. Now it is my responsibility to make a fourth generation with my family.

They showed me never to give up in life and you can do what ever you want in life because in Mark 9:23, And Jesus said to him “All things are possible to him who believes.” My grandparents showed this to me with a huge change in their life and did what they wanted to do. I have set the bar higher for me to do what ever in life I want to accomplish.

Citations

Murillo, Robert. Personal Interview. 10 September 2009.


Murillo, Pablo. Personal Interview. 9 September 2009.


{Mark 9:23 Kings James Version}

No comments:

Post a Comment